111: mimosa's for dinner


I've been thinking about color a lot lately, perhaps because I've been doing some color trend research at work. or i've been thinking of the lack of color in my wardrobe lately. this week, i've work black, sheer black, black leather, black sequins, gray, and some white. I'm usually a much brighter person, which is why during the fabric sale, I picked up someones left over bright yellow/lemon flavored fabric. i was attracted to the almost attacking quality it has. i have ideas for this fabric- two tone, zippers, perhaps even sketching on it. i'll share my process with you.

speaking of yellow and color, its seems the good people over at Pantone would nod to my unusual choice of yellow fabric.

pantone will always be dear to my heart, since i've spent hours and hours cataloging little pantone swatches in my past jobs. sometimes i would leave work looking like a quite shabby colorful thread monster.

Post a Comment

Most viewed